It’s the end of 2019, and I thought I’d look back at some data from this year. It’s been a busy, but wonderful year for me. I like numbers, so here are some stats from this year. They’re somewhat random, but interesting to me.
- 181 podcasts
- 61 flights on United
- 139,000 miles flown
- 12 International business class upgrades (makes a big difference going to work)
- 5 countries visited (outside the US, 3 new ones for me)
- 68 nights in Hilton hotels, 23 in AirBnBs, 3 in another hotel
- 600+ pieces of content (articles, editorials, questions of the day, and blogs) published on SSC
- 12 webinars
- 8 SQL Saturdays attended (Memphis, Melbourne, Brisbane, Christchurch, Slovenia new ones for me)
- 9 SQL in the City Summits (a high and none missed), along with 2 Streamed events
- 2 days snowboarding (a low in the last decade)
- 1 Horse shelter built, 1 generator shed built
- 1 year head coaching volleyball
- Final 8 tournaments attended for my daughter’s club volleyball career.
- 2 camping trips with horses (rode on one)
- Read 125 books (all time high)
- 4 comedy shows attended (finally, no kids!)
- 230 workout days this year, a little low
There are probably lots more things I could track, but these are the big ones for me, and certainly these help me think about next year. I want to ski more, build more things, and workout more. Not sure I’ll read more, but I spent the year re-reading some series and some of those went quickly.
All in all, 2019 was great for me. Looking forward to seeing where 2020 takes me.