I started to add a daily coping tip to the SQLServerCentral newsletter and to the Community Circle, which is helping me deal with the issues in the world. I’m adding my responses for each day here. All my coping tips are under this tag.
Today’s tip is to make a list of new things you want to do before the year ends.
What do I want to do?
- First, get the grass cut. I got some more done this weekend, but need to get out there for about 10 more hours.
- Finishing learning Tears in Heaven on guitar. I got partway through and moved on to a few other things, but I want to finish this one.
- More guitar. I’ve got a lot of partial songs, but I realize I need to pick one and focus for a week or two and then move on. I’d like to aim for 4 completions by Dec 31
- Go snowboarding. I want to do this. It’s not a goal, but I’m hoping the snow looks good enough.
- See a live movie – I miss doing this with my wife
- Get some auto maintenance done. No, not the Tesla, the other things with oil here.
- Convince a few people to plan a 2022 SQL Saturday – definitely on my mind more after Orlando
- Go eat sushi – live
- Have lunch with a few friends. I’ve neglected this lately with a busy schedule.
There are certainly things I need to do, and plenty of chores, but these are more items I’d like to work on for myself.