It’s another week of travel for me, starting early this morning. This is another crazy trip, and yes, I did this to myself. However, I am taking note this time and I’ve already declined and refused a few things for 2017 to try and avoid these trips.
- Tues am – Fly to DC, get prepped.
- Wed – Speak VS Live
- Thur – Speak in the am at VS Live, catch a late afternoon flight to Orlando. Arrive after midnight.
- Fri – Work a bit, then help Andy Warren with getting ready for the 10th SQL Saturday Orlando. Ten!!!!!!
- Sat – Speak, SQL Sat Orlando, twice.
- Sun – am flight home. I’ll be likely doing a few chores on Sun, maybe helping my daughter practice some volleyball or do homework (or both).
- Mon – work, then fly to Las Vegas in the early afternoon
- Tue – Speak at IT/Dev Connections twice.
- Wed – Speak at IT/Dev Connections. Catch evening flight home.
- Thur – Try to get back to normal. For a week.
I head to the PASS Summit on the 24th, so not a lot of time to try and establish some normalcy at home and work. I have to find a way because I turn around and have two work trips in Nov and two more in Dec, plus a Christmas vacation with the family.
For 2017, I’m planning less, so we’ll see if I learn anything.