One sale today, my Getting Started with SQL Server 2016 Administration video. You can get this for $10 today, and it’s an introduction to an overview of what’s in SQL Server 2016, most of which applies to 2017 as well.
Covers basics of administration from install and configuration to security and XE. If you have a junior that’s not worked much with SQL Server, this might help.
- Installation – GUI and CLI
- Login, Users, and Roles
- Databases, configuration and creating objects including CLR code.
- OLTP Tables
- Indexing Basics
- Backup and Recovery
- Agent, Jobs, and Operators
- HA technologies in SQL Server
- TDE, Always Encrypted, Column encryption, Row-Level Security, Dynamic Data Masking
- Extended Events
- Execution Plans and Query Store