I started to add a daily coping tip to the SQLServerCentral newsletter and to the Community Circle, which is helping me deal with the issues in the world. I’m adding my responses for each day here. All my coping tips are under this tag.
Today’s tip is to write down hopes or plans for the future.
I sure hope the world gets to a more normal place. In the meantime, I can just dream.
Recently I was reading Brent Ozar’s Epic Life Quest. I hadn’t followed this for awhile, so it was nice to catch up and see how things are progressing. Especially with his move to Iceland. It got me thinking about things I want to do. I used to keep a “life list”, but I stopped at some point. My wife and I have both been talking about redoing our lists.
Here are a few items for my future dreams:
- Return to New Zealand and hike Milford Sound
- Hike Machu Piccu – if it opens again
- Visit Japan and tour around
- Build a cabinet for the house that my wife allows me to hang
- Build a cabin of some sort by hand
- Work for a charity full time
Hopefully I’ll accomplish a few of these in the coming years.