I started to add a daily coping tip to the SQLServerCentral newsletter and to the Community Circle, which is helping me deal with the issues in the world. I’m adding my responses for each day here. All my coping tips are under this tag.
Today’s tip is to take time to reflect on what you accomplished this week.
I’m writing about last week because if I delay this until Friday morning, or Thur afternoon, I’ll forget to do it. So, Oct 25-Oct 31.
It was a busy week. Really the last stressful week with a bunch of deadlines for the next month, at least, I hope that’s the case. Here’s a list of things that happened last week:
- Record a presentation
- Review another presentation that was recorded in a group with comments for the editor
- Schedule a bunch of social media stuff
- Deliver a sales presentation on our products
- Organize a few things I want to read through for learning (the actual learning is for next week)
- Rehearse a presentation
- Deliver a live presentation (SQL Saturday Orlando 2021)
- Get on a plane, have a few dinners and breakfast with friends, and fly home. Actually got some work done on a plane.
- Write (or really, finish) 5 editorials.
- Watch a marketing presentation and give feedback (I didn’t expect this to be interesting)
- Renewed my driver’s license
- Watched a few kids I coached last year at their last high school game
- Hold a first practice with kids starting their new season with me
- Get to yoga 3 times, lift twice, ride the elliptical once and walk once
- Cook 5 dinners for the family
- Cut some grass, and cut down a tree that I’ve been meaning to clear all summer
- Learn part of a new song on guitar
I know I did more little stuff, but this came to mind.