I started to add a daily coping tip to the SQLServerCentral newsletter and to the Community Circle, which is helping me deal with the issues in the world. I’m adding my responses for each day here. All my coping tips are under this tag.
Today’s tip is to eat healthy food that nourishes you today.
My wife has been on a bit of a diet, actually a few through the last half of 2021. After nearly two years of pandemic life, in which I gained a good COVID fifteen, I decided to join her. It’s a simple set of meal plans that have me eating better, and less, which is the most important part. Mostly it’s a routine of days where I have:
- small breakfast – either low or medium carb, depending on the day. sample, two eggs and two slice of turkey bacon or oatmeal with blueberries
- mid morning protein smoothie – usually a little protein powder, some frozen fruit and water/ice. It’s not a great smoothie, but it quells some hunger.
- smaller lunch – usually a salad or wrap
- mid-late afternoon protein smoothie – usually a little protein powder, some frozen fruit and water/ice. It’s not a great smoothie, but it quells some hunger.
- mid-sized dinner – low or medium carb, which has been chicken with vegetables or turkey tacos (limited shells).
- an apple or similar snack some evenings.
Today is a low carb day, so eggs and bacon, a couple smoothies, salad with chicken, and chicken with vegetables. It’s not that satisfying, but nearly two years of indulgence has me trying to pay some penance back.
- No alcohol (since Dec 31)
- No cream in coffee
- Limited diet soda (I need some indulgence)
- No dessert
- No pre-packaged food, other than the oatmeal.
I feel better, and I’m losing some weight, which is the point of all of this.