I started to add a daily coping tip to the SQLServerCentral newsletter and to the Community Circle, which is helping me deal with the issues in the world. I’m adding my responses for each day here. All my coping tips are under this tag.
Today’s tip is to commit to being more active this week.
I tend to exercise regularly, though I’ve become less concerned if I miss a day or two than I was in the past. I’m a big fan of small steps, and rather than make this a month goal, let’s try making it a week goal.
I’m writing this in advance, so I’m noting this particular tip the week before and I’m starting on Tuesday, 5 Apr, to get through the week. Here’s my commitment, and I’ll try to update this once the post publishes:
Updates with my effort over the week.
- 5 Apr – yoga, class scheduled for this evening – DONE
- 6 Apr – weight lifting – I have morning meetings, but then I’ll go to the gym. – DONE
- 7 Apr – possibly skiing, trying to decide if I can get away. If not, I’ll likely try to swim – DONE – Cardio class with my wife
- 8 Apr – Yoga, scheduled – DONE
- 9 Apr – Saturday, and I’ll aim to bike and lift, legs today – Done– yardwork and legs at the gym
- 10 Apr – Coaching all day, which makes things tough. I am hoping to find 20 minutes either early in the am or late in the day for a light yoga session on YouTube. – FAIL – nothing. coached from 7am-430p, drove home, had dinner, lay down
- 11 Apr – Back to yoga class, hopefully a hard one – Done – scheduled for this afternoon
This isn’t far from a normal week, but if I can get something in on the 10th, I’ll make my goal.