I set goals at the beginning of the year, and I’m tracking my progress in these updates during 2022.
A few days late, and I missed April, but I’m trying to get back on track for May.
It’s been a hectic travel time the last couple months. April was mostly my second job as a coach and May was mostly work. June is a mix, and the in and out of a routine can be a challenge. I made a little progress, but the large amount of things I’m doing impact my ability to make much progress outside of work.
Most of the things that I have done were in conjunction with things related to work. The limited progress is mostly around the limited opportunities to find a common item with work and goals, but I did manage a touch.
I’m raising the goal slightly as I made progress despite the schedule.
Here are the goals:
- DP-900 – Passed
– Stated studying, practice tests around 80% correct, need to schedule
- Demo with SQL Server – 20% – dev db set up, started on pipeline
- Demo with PostgreSQL – 20% – Dev db set up
- Demo with MySQL – 0%
- Feedback book – 100% – HIGHLY Recommended
- Good Strategy/Bad Strategy – 40%
I made a slight alteration here. I didn’t try to hook up to Google Sheets, but instead pasted in some data and started to try and get this moving.
- Link Google Sheets to Power BI – 0%
- Create Report – 40% – I have a report working for some of my metrics.
- Create Dashboard – 20% – A basic dashboard up, but need to decide on what to show here.
- Get people using it – 0%
- Support the Colorado groups by speaking twice and helping get one event set up
- CO Springs event set up
- Meeting with Denver SQL about an event
- Speak at 3 other user groups outside of Colorado – 66%
- Spoke at DBA Fundamentals group
- Spoke at Toronto SSUG
- Support SQL Saturdays – Help get 10 events run in 2022
- 6 scheduled or run in , 2 about to go live, 2-3 more close
- Volunteer 4 days with Habitat – 0 days
- Not happy about this. Now with a surgery, this will be delayed for a few months.