Today’s coping tip is to focus on the basics today, eat healthy food, drink water, get exercise.
I’m trying to make all of these a lifestyle change. In January, I worked on all of these, trying to lose weight. Which I’ve written about before. I was down about 25 lbs this year, then a bunch of travel, hormone therapy, and vacation had me up around 10lbs, but I’ve gotten back down to my 22-23lbs down from Jan 1. Not quite the goal, but close.
I wrote this a few days ago, but my routine for the day was to do the following:
- up early for work, make some black coffee, eggs, spinach, and turkey bacon
- take a large water bottle to my desk and drink it by lunch
- work and have a mid-morning protein smoothie
- more water and a break at 1130 to go to the gym.
- lunch, ground turkey in a salad with avocado
- more water and an afternoon smoothie around 400p
- break from work and cook dinner around 6-630p. Tonight I did chicken fajitas over cauliflower rice for me.
That’s my routine most of the time I am at home. Some variation on recipes, but the pattern is pretty close. The gym is sometimes earlier or later, but for the most part, this has worked well for me. Made coping with the transition out of the pandemic better.
Wish I’d started this earlier in 2020 or 2021.
I started to add a daily coping tip to the SQL Server Central newsletter and to the Community Circle, which is helping me deal with the issues in the world. I’m adding my responses for each day here. All my coping tips are under this tag.