This session is an intermediate T-SQL session that helps users learn how to write better T-SQL code by covering a few items that many database developers might not be aware of. In an hour, users will lean how to:
- write and use CTEs to simplify complex queries.
- learn basic error handling, including recommendations for SQL Server 2012 and beyond with THROW.
- use templates to store common code elements
- tricks in SSMS to speed up code development
- understand what a tally table is and how to use it to perform a few common tasks.
This is the beginning of a three hour series I have on intermediate T-SQL code.