Every Monday night on the week of the PASS Summit. Andy Warren and I host a networking dinner. This year we’re at the Yard House, and we’d love for you to come by if you don’t have plans Monday night. The event is from 6-9, but come early, come late, whatever works.
You are responsible for paying your own way. You don’t have to eat dinner, but Andy and I will greet you and then introduce you to a few others that we hope you can enjoy an our or so with. All we ask is that you register so we know how many people are coming.
We Can’t Do It All
We set up the dinner as an event that people might enjoy if they didn’t have other plans. While there are a number of parties going on all week, most of the attendees don’t get invitations.
We want to help everyone have a good time.
With that in mind, we have asked a few people to think about hosting their own events after ours on Monday. The event could be anything from going to taste beers at the Tap House to having a cup of coffee at Barnes and Nobles (Andy’s choice) to listening to a local band at a bar somewhere near downtown. Pick anything you like to do and host a small event. It doesn’t have to cost anything, and who knows who you’ll meet.
We have a few suggestions if you’d like to do something.
- Choose an event you enjoy.
- Pick something within walking distance from the Convention Center. The Space Needle is about as far as I might go from downtown.
- Setup an event on EventBrite, Meetup, or somewhere else. Set a small limit to your tickets.
- Let people know if there’s a theme or what you are looking to do. For example, chatting about good books at Barnes and Noble is a great choice.
- Let people know if there is a cost. I’d highly recommend someone try to get people to do the Underground Tour. However you probably need to let them know to buy tickets in advance.
This is a great way to meet some of your fellow data professionals. I’d love to see a few dozen events pop up every night during the week.
If you’ve got questions, ask. If you have events, let me know, and I’ll try to publish them. We already have one, from the Midnight DBAs. Register for their Top Po Donuts get together on Monday night, or feel free to come to our networking dinner.