I started to add a daily coping tip to the SQLServerCentral newsletter and to the Community Circle, which is helping me deal with the issues in the world. I’m adding my responses for each day here. All my coping tips are under this tag.
Today’s tip is to write down some worries and save them for a specific worry time.
I’ve been under a bunch of stress from managing lots of little things, both in life and at work. There are a few nagging things, but I’m going to drop them here and let them go for now. I’ll pick them up another day with my wife or my boss.
- Deciding on how to finish a home renovation project (we have a small part to do)
- Finding time to rebuild a garage shelf area to make room for something
- Dealing with an outside contractor that isn’t as responsive for a work thing
- A cash crunch coming up in a month or so and how to move the budget around
- My ankle, which doesn’t like to hike more than about an hour
- Getting a kid ready to drive cross country
There are more, but I’m letting these go as they aren’t important this week, and we can deal with them in a week, or maybe this weekend, but not today.