I’ve started to add a daily coping tip to the SQLServerCentral newsletter, which is helping me deal with the issues in the world. I’m adding my responses for each day here.
Today’s item from me is to write down ten things I’m grateful for and why.
- My wife –she’s the most important thing in my life and I’m lucky to be able to spend time with her each day and share my life.
- My oldest son – He’s a very different person from me in many ways, but I can also see my influence on him in his actions and behaviors. He forces me to think and view the world differently.
- My middle son – A much smarter person than I am, more focused and driven, which reminds me to stay humble as I am in awe of his talents.
- My daughter – She has a creativity I lack and an inner strength that I admire.
- My former business partner and friend – other than my wife, he has had the most influence on my across the last 15 years and we still talk weekly.
- Redgate – A company that’s the kind of company I’d want to build. I appreciate our values and am honored to work there.
- My boss – She helps keep me focused and grounded, and I look forward to our weekly chats.
- Our dogs – They enrich my life, in a way that is different from my kids and I miss them when I’m traveling
- The ranch – I live in an amazing place and I appreciate how lucky I am on a daily basis
- The SQL community – I’ve helped in a small way, but I’m amazed how close this community has grown over the years.
I’m blessed and lucky in many ways. My life is as close to perfect as I’d imagine it could be. My problems are really minor annoyances and I strive to remember that every day.