The PASS election slate was released for 2020. The candidates and their statements are::
- Hamish Watson (@thehybriddba)
- Joey D’Antoni (@jdanton) – Community Matters–Why I’m Running for the PASS Board of Directors
- Jose Rivera – (@SQLConqueror) –
- Lori Edwards (@loriedwards)-
- Matt Gordon (@sqlatspeed) – Why I Am Running for PASS Board
- Robert Fonseca (@roberto_mct) –
- Steph Locke (@TheStephLocke) – I’m Running for the PASS Board
Not everyone has a statement, though you can read their bios and applications on the PASS Site.
PASS is at a turning point in the organization, with the pandemic and the move of their main fundraiser to a virtual event. Across the last two years, I’ve been a member of PASS, a supporter, and a critic with my own thoughts and ideas about the organization.
However, I’m not sure where PASS should go. There is a lot of enthusiasm for the organization from some, and no shortage of criticism. I see both sides, but what I’m not sure about is what I want PASS to be or do in the future. I suspect the organization will change, but into what?
I’d ask that each of the candidates outline a vision for what PASS should be. Not tactical specifics or complaints, but ideally, what do we want from the organization. What would represent the members and be a great community group?
Hopefully we’ll see something before Wednesday, when voting starts.