Today’s coping tip is to get outside and notice five beautiful things.
I decided to do this on a snowy, stormy day in Denver. I was up early with my daughter running a couple errands, and I took a few minutes at different times to look around. Here’s what I noticed:
- My driveway markers stand out nicely and helped us get out of the driveway, which was covered under a blanket of snow.
- The snow is sticking nicely on the trees, making a wonderful winter wonderland.
- It was a bit of a blizzard, but walking between the car and a building, we were sheltered. Without wind, even in 25F weather, the air was brisk and refreshing.
- Snow is fun. Even without sticking together to make a snowball to throw at my kid, it’s a neat form of water.
- It was mostly cloudy, which made it hard to see, but a few times the sun started to shine through. Even mostly blocked by clouds, the bright ball made the entire landscape brighten up.
I started to add a daily coping tip to the SQL Server Central newsletter and to the Community Circle, which is helping me deal with the issues in the world. I’m adding my responses for each day here. All my coping tips are under this tag.