I set goals at the beginning of the year, and I’m tracking my progress in these updates during 2021.
As I look at goal progress for 2021, I’m going to follow a similar pattern as last year. I’ll give myself a current grade and report on overall progress in of the areas where I set goals.
Current Grade: C
I think I’m making some progress, but perhaps not as much as I’d like. I started this post last week, but with Redgate buying the PASS assets, this week has been almost a loss for anything work or career related.
The goal was 4 books (3 non-fiction, 1 tech). Here’s the current progress:
- Career – Project to Product – 11%
- Career – TBD
- Career – TBD
- Technical – TBD
I’m solving the Advent of Code three times. I’m also studying for certification.
- Certification – AZ-900 – 0%
- Certification – DP-200 – 0%
- Skills – T-SQL – 2020 Advent of Code – 4/25
- Skills – Python – 2020 Advent of Code – 1/25
- Skills – PowerShell – 2020 Advent of Code – 0/25
- Skills – TBD
I had a few projects for myself. Most of January was supporting SQL Memorial as well as doing some SQL Saturday/Data Saturday stuff. So far things appear to be working fine.
- Support events: submitted and approved some PRs.
- Speak at the 3 local user groups, at least one live presentation
- Help organize a Denver/Colorado event, live or virtual
- Complete my Power BI Volleyball report – I know lots of kids will use this, so I need to get it done – 20%
- SQL Memorial – 80% – This is mostly done, but working on some networking changes. I also need to move the repo out of my personal account, but this also entails pipeline changes, possibly security issues with hosting, etc.