I track some data from my life, some purposefully, some randomly from various services. Here are some areas to look back at this year.
I read a lot. It’s an escape for me from a busy life and a good hobby. I track my books on Goodreads and tag the ones I finish with the year in which I finish them. As of a couple days before Christmas, I was at 117 in the 2021 tag. Quite a bt of growth in books read:
- 2021 – 117
- 2020 – 82
- 2019 – 128
- 2018 – 79
Before this I wasn’t tagging.
I try to work out regularly. A few items from 2021
- 328 workouts
- 118,736 kcal burned
- 225:32 hours working out
- 319 miles of distance. Unfortunately yoga and weightlifting don’t cover distance
Not a great year, but not bad. I was hoping to be above 365. I tend to do do things on weightlifting days, so I’ve missed too many days this year.
I love listening to music. I’ve had lots of music players, and went with an iPhone a few times specifically because the music support was better. These days I am mostly on Spotify, which is a fantastic service for me. It’s in the Tesla, on my devices, and I’ve got stuff playing often.
I love the wrap up from Spotify this year. A few stats:
- 33,449 minutes listening
- Top song – 3 Nights (36 listens) (also Old Town Road, California Dreaming, Who Says, and Short Skirt)
- Top artists – John Mayer (2,243 minutes), with Beatles, Jay-Z, Notorius BIG and Stevie Wonder rounding out the list.
- Top genre – Classic Rock (lots of guitar riffs I like here)
- 30,043 XP (experience points)
- Top 1% of learners
- French and Japanese
- 5978 minutes learning (99.6 hours)
- 85 minutes on one day
- 1074 words learned, probably more Japanese
- 334 days when the stats came, 575 days on a streak. I used 2 streak savers in 2021, 3 in 2020, so not really all those days.
- 258 days in the Diamond league (top league)
I got this icon/image/prize:
With the pandemic still going on and not many events, I didn’t think I’d travel much, but I ended up with a good year.
- 12 trips for me
- 1 new country (Belgium)
- 1 UK trip
- 3 trips to Florida
- 5 work trips
- 48 trips according to Google
The spread in the US:
We ended up with 4 or 5 trips in the living quarters, camping out in various places.
Not bad, and hoping for more in 2022.
I also renewed my United 1K status. With a few trips and some promotions from them, I ended up back at the top tier that can be earned. That’s good as I hope to get back to more travel in 2022 and would prefer to get upgrades across the ocean.