I set goals at the beginning of the year, and I’m tracking my progress in these updates during 2022.
Another month of busy stuff. Prepping for the Data Community Summit and 3 travel trips. Gone from home for 11 days, though I was working on some of those.
However, I re-focused a bit on things I need to do for grow myself. I did that with an eye on these goals, pushing myself a touch.
I also bolded the places where I’ve done something.
Here are the goals:
I didn’t do much here with demos. Things have been changing a lot with work, and I’ve delayed some of this until tech settles slightly. Still on my list to do more here in Nov/Dec. I did read a bit and am finding Do Hard Things fascinating.
- DP-900 – Passed
– Stated studying, practice tests around 80% correct, need to schedule
- Demo with SQL Server – 20% – dev db set up, started on pipeline
- Demo with PostgreSQL – 20% – Dev db set up
- Demo with MySQL – 0%
- Thanks for the Feedback – 100% – HIGHLY Recommended
- Good Strategy/Bad Strategy – 100% – VERY interesting
- Do Hard Things – 43% – HIGHLY RECOMMEND so far
I spent some time getting data into Google Sheets (sample data) and then hooking this to PBI Desktop. I haven’t tried to publish, but I managed to get this working-ish. Not sure if my auth will work in the cloud, but at least a few things are connected. I’m calling this 50% done.
I am aiming to start getting this to some kids in Dec, once I can collect a few stats for this season.
Added. Not tech, but I have been working on being a better volleyball coach. The book above is part of that, but I also signed up for some formal training. I started in Sept, but did get more coaching training done during my travels.
- Link Google Sheets to Power BI – 50%
- Create Report – 45% – Minor updates to my report based on the Google Sheets data.
- Create Dashboard – 30% -Minor updates
- Get people using it – 0%
- Coaching Certification – 38%
- Support the Colorado groups by speaking twice and helping get one event set up
- CO Springs event set up and executed
- Denver SQL Server SQL Saturday executed
- Speak at 3 other community events (was user groups) outside of Colorado – 100%
- Spoke at DBA Fundamentals group
- Spoke at Toronto SSUG
- Spoke at SQL Saturdays in Jacksonville, New Jersey, LA, Denver
- Boston, Toronto in Oct
- Support SQL Saturdays – Help get 10 events run in 2022
- We have had 9 run this year and 9 more scheduled
- In Oct, we had 5 events complete – Boston, Orlando, Memphis, Toronto, Richmond
- Volunteer 4 days with Habitat – 0 days
- Not happy about this still. I had hoped to go Sept 15, but they cancelled the build that day. Need to find another day, but it’s hard. They aren’t doing every Wed/Thur/fri, and travel is getting in the way.
Pingback: Daily Coping 8 Nov 2022 | Voice of the DBA