I wrote last week about my travel, 23 trips in 2022. However, I’ve been gathering some other stats about my life and what I do, so I wanted to share a few of them here.
I mostly listen to music on Spotify these days. One thing I loved are the Spotify wrapped updates at the end of the year. For 2022, I had these stats:
- 30135 minutes
- 1440 artists
- 68 genres
- 2946 songs
- Top Songs: Slide by H.E.R. with Pop Smoke, Hip Hop by Mos Def, Ms. Fat Booty by Mos Def, Hard Place by H.E.R., Into You by Fabulous
- Top Artists: Kanye, John Mayer, Jay-Z, Tupac Shakur, Kenny Chesney
Writing and Speaking
It’s my job. A few stats:
- Editorials written – 151
- Coping Tips – 257
- Speaking sessions delivered: 34 talks
- Events: 19 events
- Blog views – 74,000+
- Visitors: 55k+
Taking care of my health is important to me. I’ve always exercised regularly, and at one point I ran every day of the year for a few years. I’ve relaxed a bit, and settled into more of a routine. I miss a few days and I don’t stress about it, but I make my best effort to work by body a bit most days.
Stats from 2022. I might have missed some, but these are the gross totals. This adds up to more than 365 since I do two things some days. A lot of weight days have cycline or walking or something as a warm-up
- Yoga: 89
- Cycling (indoor and outdoor): 84
- Weights 63
- Walking 22
- Elliptical: 22
- Swimming: 14
- Cardio classes: 2
- Rowing: 2
Total workout days: 232
The total days is low for me, 232, which is 63% of the year. My aim is 75% of the days, but I had ankle surgery this year, which threw me off for a month, and I spent way too much time on the road with travel and missed working out some of those days.
I don’t know exactly how much I drove, but the Tesla give me some stats and I’ve been tracking a few. For the Tesla, show about 17k miles this year, which is mostly me. For all the times my wife might drive (or the kids), likely I put miles on the X5 or Suburban (or a few in the Ram 3500), so this is not a bad set of mileage for me.
I also got to drive in two countries and a few states. Rough stats:
- Miles driven 17,000
- Countries: 2 (US and Portugal)
- States: 5 (Colorado, New York, California, Florida, Nevada)
- Top driving locations from the Tesla: Lifetime Fitness (135), Safeway (98), and a local gas station (89). Yes, I have a diet soda addiction.
I spend a lot of time reading books. They are an escape for me from life, and a way to improve myself. In 2022, I finished
- 101 books
- 35000+ pages
- Avg. screen time on Kindle app for Dec: 10 hours/week